How to Apply for UK Student Visa – UK Student Visa Application process

How to Apply for UK Student Visa – UK Student Visa Application process – Do you want to study in United Kingdom? If your answer is yes then this article is a read to the end because this article am going to be talking about how to Get a UK Student Visa and how the application process works and remember you can only get the full information if you read this article to the end.
UK visa requirements and general immigration criteria are managed by UK Visas and Immigration, which has an easy-to-navigate site to help you determine whether you need a UK student visa. While Swiss nationals and those from the EU/EEA states do not currently need a visa to study in the UK, all other international students are likely to need one.

The result of the UK’s referendum on membership in the European Union (‘Brexit’) has led to some uncertainty over visa regulations, but the UK government has stated that there will be no immediate change to visa policies.

How to Apply for UK Student Visa – UK Student Visa Application process

Types of UK student visa

If you’re studying a short course and are over 18 years old, you may be eligible for the short-term study visa. This is valid up to six months for most short courses and can be extended for a stay of up to 11 months for English language courses.

If you’re studying a longer course, you’ll need to make sure your chosen institution holds a Tier 4 Sponsor License. You can either apply for a Tier 4 (Child) student visa (if you’re aged 4-17 and want to study at an independent school in the UK) or a Tier 4 (General) student visa for those aged 16 and over.

UK student visa application fees – What does it Cost To get a UK Visa?

The visa application fee under Tier4 is or £ 289.

You can make the payment via any of these modes:

  • Demand draft from a nationalized bank or foreign bank; The demand draft must be made in favour of ‘The British High Commission’, payable at New Delhi, Mumbai and Chennai. You must carry the demand draft with you while submitting the application at the centre. The bank services charges will vary.
  • Payment at Standard Chartered Bank; you can make payment at some branches of the Standard Charted bank at New Delhi, Mumbai and Chennai. This service is free of charge.
  • Payment at visa application center; you can visit the centre and pay fees at the Standard Chartered bank facilities located at the centres.
  • Payment online; you can make payment of application fee online using a Visa or MasterCard credit or debit card.

Having known the above let us know see the requirement that are needed before you can apply for UK Student Visa.

UK Student Visa Eligibility and Requirements

You must have:

  • An unconditional offer of a place on a course with a licensed Tier 4 sponsor
  • Enough money to support yourself and pay for your course – the amount will vary depending on your circumstances

UK Student Visa Application process

You can submit your visa application form online at

You will be required to create an account to fill the visa application form online. Once you fill up the form and submit it online, you will be required to generate a hard copy of the completed application form. Applicants must book an appointment at the visa application centre using the online calendar. Please note that the appointment must not be later than 90 days after the date of submission of the online application form.

See Also –  How to Join the U.S. Marines As a Foreigner – Become a Us Marine as a Foreigner

Your course

You can do a course that’s one of the following:

  • Full-time leading to a qualification that’s at least level 6 on the Ofqual register
  • Part-time leading to a qualification that’s at least level 7 on the Ofqual register
  • An overseas course of degree level study that’s equal to a UK higher education course and is being run by an overseas higher education institution
  • Full-time, with at least 15 hours per week of organised daytime study, leading to a qualification which is at least level 3 on the Ofqual register
  • A recognised foundation programme as a postgraduate doctor or dentist

Postgraduate doctors and dentists

You can apply for this visa if you’re sponsored to do a recognized foundation programme and you’ve:

  • Finished a recognised UK degree in medicine or dentistry
  • Received that degree from a registered Tier 4 sponsor
  • Spent your final year and at least 1 other year of studies leading to that degree in the UK

Confirmation of acceptance for studies

Your education provider will send you a reference number called a confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) once they’ve offered you a place on a course. You’ll need to enter this on your visa application.

You must apply for your visa no more than 6 months after you receive the CAS.

If you’ve studied in the UK before

You can only get a CAS in certain situations if you’re applying from within the UK.

If you’re continuing your studies

You can get a CAS if you’re:

  • Re-sitting exams or repeating modules
  • Applying for the first time to a new institution to complete a course you started at an institution that lost its Tier 4 sponsorship
  • Applying to extend your stay to complete your studies because you’ve done (or want to do) a work placement or study abroad programme
  • Completing a PhD or other doctorate that you started studying under your last Tier 4 (General) student visa
  • Applying after working as a student union sabbatical officer to complete a qualification you started studying under your last Tier 4 (General) student visa
  • Continuing your medical, dentistry or medical science degree after completing an intercalated course

If you’re starting a new course
You can get a CAS if your course is one of the following:

  • At a higher academic level than your previous course
  • At the same level and related to your previous course or career aspirations – it must be degree level or above at a Higher Education Institution (HEI)
  • Intercalated to a medicine, dentistry or medical science course you started studying under a Tier 4 (General) student visa
See Also – Canadian Visa Lottery Application Form 2018

If you’re applying to work in the UK
You can get a CAS if you’re applying to either:

  • Work as a student union sabbatical officer
  • Stay in the UK to look for work after you’ve finished your PhD or doctorate – the ‘Doctorate Extension Scheme’ (DES)

Documents you must provide for UK Student Visa
When you apply for the visa you must provide:

  • A current passport or other valid travel documentation
  • Proof that you can support yourself and pay for your course – this will vary depending on your circumstances
  • Proof of parental or other legal guardian consent if you’re under 18
  • Proof of your relationship with your parent or guardian
  • Your tuberculosis test results if you’re from a country where you have to take the test
  • You need a page in your passport that’s blank on both sides for your visa.
  • You may also need to provide additional documents depending on your circumstances.
  • Your documents will usually be sent back within 14 days.

For your comment and contribution on How to Apply for UK Student Visa – UK Student Visa Application process please use the comment box below.


Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *